Fibrebreak has received numerous accreditations and qualifications as seen below :
- Qualified Electrician
- NOSA: Supervisors Safety Training Course
- Lucent Technologies: Authorized Systimax SCS Design & Engineering.
- Lucent Technologies: ND3341 – Systimax SCS Installation & Maintenance.
- Alcatel Cabling System: Commercial, Design, Installation & Practice.
- FOA CFOT (Certified Fibre Optic Technicians)
- FOA CFOS/D (Certified Fibre Optic Network Design Specialist)
- FOA CFOS/H (Certified Fibre to the Home Specialist)
Fibre Optic Association (FOA)
The Fibre Optic Association has been organised as an international non-profit professional society for the fibre optic industry. Its charter is to develop educational programs, certify fibre optic technicians, approve fibre optic training courses, participate in standards-making processes and generally promote fibre optics.The FOA has certified over 29,000 CFOTs (Certified Fibre Optic Technicians) through over 250 approved training organisations worldwide.
Founded in 1995 by a dozen prominent fibre optics trainers and industry personnel, it has grown to now being involved in:
- Setting standards for and administering technical certification programs
- Evaluating and approving training schools
- Developing textbooks, courses and training programs which are given to schools for their use
- Training and certifying instructors
- Participating in industry standards activities
- Publishing email and online newsletters of industry news
- Promoting fibre optics applications and education through participation in industry forums
The FOA recognises the value of certification in today’s job markets, where employers evaluate potential employees by their certifications. By offering certifications that are developed by a board of industry experts and are not affiliated with any particular vendor or training organisation, we provide an independent means for them to judge potential employees.